Moulins is the capital of the department Allier and the nearest town from Camping Les Fourneaux. A very nice and cosy town! More information about sightseeing, history, parks and castles in Moulins can be found on their website.
Villages in the area
Couzon is a small village with about 300 inhabitants. Couzon is only less than a 5 minute drive from the campsite. Another lovely village is Bourbon l'Archambault. Here you can find several large supermarkets, a castle, cosy terraces and restaurants and very nice shops. Overall a very attractive town and plenty to discover.
Activities in the area
- Canoeing: On the river Allier, you can do nice canoe trips.
- La Forêt de Tronçais is the most beautiful oak forest in Europe with many oaks over 300 years old. With 10.000 hectares Tronçais is the largest oak plantation in Europe and probably in the world. In this forest there are also some lakes with beautiful sandy beaches. The hiking and biking possibilities here are endless.
- Hiking: there are several nice hiking trails in the area. The routes varying in distance, are available at the reception. Additionally, you can walk naked on our beautiful campsite of 43 hectares.
- Cycling: the hilly area Allier is very nice for cycling.
- Aquarium: about an hour's drive of Les Fourneaux there is La Maison Aquarium du val de Besbre; a great outing for both young and old.
- Parc Le Pal: also on an hour's drive of Les Fourneaux there is the amusement parc Parc Le Pal. Including a splash, roller coaster, swing boat and a carousel, the park is suitable for the whole family.
- Acoran: an indoor playground for children; perfect for when the weather is bad.
- Hippogriffe: a park in medieval theme, with horses and birds of prey shows. (About 50 minutes drive of the campsite).
- Apremont: the village of Apremont (35 min. drive) is one of the prettiest villages in France, and here you can visit beautiful gardens. In this village there is a museum of carriages.